Pure Nutrition 100% Whey
What is 100% Whey?
100% Whey is a delicious protein powder containing pure whey protein concentrate. 100% Whey is a great option for active individuals, athletes, and anyone else looking for a high-quality source of whey protein concentrate to help meet their daily protein needs. Whey protein concentrate contains all the necessary amino acids necessary to support muscle building and repair, and it is easy to digest. It also mixes easily in most any liquid or food, making it easy to add to your diet.
If you’re lactose intolerant, we recommend Pure Nutrition Whey Isolate and Pure Whey, both of which are very low in lactose content.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey protein is the most biologically valuable protein for humans. In other words, your body utilizes it most efficiently for physiological processes, including muscle building. Whey is a protein that results as a byproduct of cheese production; whey protein concentrate is the most common supplemental form of whey protein, created via ultrafiltration. As such, whey protein concentrate typically provides small amounts of fat, lactose, and micronutrients. It is also more flavorful and rich than other forms of whey protein.
Whey protein is the single best protein source for building and repairing skeletal muscle tissue. It also serves a range of other physiological roles, such as supporting immune function, neurotransmission, energy production, insulin metabolism, and much more.2
Since whey protein is a complete protein source, it provides all the necessary amino acids for building muscle proteins and can also be utilized to synthesize various functional proteins/peptides in the body, such as insulin and growth hormone.3
Benefits of 100% Whey
Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, and skeletal muscle tissue is primarily composed of protein and water. The amino acid profile of 100% Whey serves as a superb way to give your muscle tissue the nutrients it needs to repair and grow.
Contemporary findings suggest that many people don’t consume adequate protein, especially individuals who are active and regularly train with weights.1 If you’re an athlete, casual gym-goer, or anyone who simply wants an easy-to-digest and high-quality source of complete protein, 100% Whey is a great choice. We highly recommend consuming 100% Whey after intense exercise, and ensuring you eat an adequate, balanced diet each day.
Whey protein concentrate contains a good amount of essential amino acids, which you must consume daily in order to encourage healthy muscle repair and muscle building. Scientific findings show that one of the essential amino acids, L-leucine, is particularly crucial for increasing muscle growth.4 100% Whey provides an ample amount of L-leucine in each serving to help stimulate muscle protein synthesis and ensure your muscle can rebuild properly.
Moreover, regularly consuming 100% Whey has a variety of evidence-based benefits beyond supporting muscle growth and repair, including:
- Muscle-building complete protein source with over 4 grams of BCAAs per serving5
- Promotes the anabolic response to resistance training and intense exercise6
- Works as an anti-catabolic agent by inhibiting muscle protein breakdown (especially important for endurance athletes)7
- Enhances insulin sensitivity 8
- Supports immune system functioning, especially in those who are regularly active9
- Easy to digest and delicious taste
- Simple to take & convenient to add to any diet plan
What Makes Pure Nutrition 100% Whey the Best Whey Protein Supplement on the Market?
Pure Nutrition 100% Whey is the most delicious whey protein concentrate supplement available, with 5 delectable flavor options. It’s easy to digest and provides your body with muscle-building amino acids that are sure to help you recover and rebuild. It’s also easy to mix with a spoon and liquid of your choice, and you can add it to pretty much any solid food recipe for a simple and delicious protein boost!
Pure Nutrition 100% Whey is made in a cGMP facility by using proprietary filtration processes yielding pure whey protein concentrate. Be wary of supplement companies who use inferior production methods and have unsanitary facilities, as this can lead to harsh contaminants and impurities in their protein supplements.
One level scoop (one serving) of 100% Whey contains:
- 21 grams of pure whey protein
- Over 4 grams of muscle-building BCAAs
- Less than 5 grams of net carbs
- Only 2 grams of fat
- No added sugar or aspartame
100% Whey was made to give you pure whey protein concentrate in a delicious-tasting formula, available in 5 different flavors that are sure to satisfy anyone! We are confident you will love the taste and results that 100% Whey offers!
Who Should Use 100% Whey
100% Whey is a delicious high-quality whey protein concentrate supplement that can benefit a wide range of people, such as:
- Gym-goers who train with weights regularly
- Anyone looking for a quality supplement to help meet their protein needs
- Competitive and recreational athletes
- Bodybuilders and physique competitors
- Endurance athletes and distance runners
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I’m lactose intolerant, can I still use 100% Whey?
A: We recommend trying either of the Pure Nutrition USA extremely low lactose options, such as Whey Isolate and Pure Whey.
Q: I’m allergic to milk/dairy, is 100% Whey safe for me?
A: This product contains ingredients from milk. You will need to consult with your physician first to make sure your allergy is not due milk allergy, particularly the whey fractions of milk.
Q: Is it true that whey protein is bad for the kidneys?
A: Whey protein is not in and of itself harmful to the kidneys, nor is any protein source. If you have pre-existing renal impairments, consult with your doctor before eating a high-protein diet.
Q: Does it matter what liquid I use to mix my whey protein with?
A: No, Pure Nutrition 100% Whey will readily mix with most any liquid.
Q: Can I add whey protein to food recipes?
A: Yes! Pure Nutrition 100% Whey can be added to many baking/cooking recipes to boost protein content and provide flavor/texture enhancement.
1. Lemon, P. W. (2000). Beyond the zone: protein needs of active individuals. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 19(sup5), 513S-521S.
2. Felig, P. (1975). Amino acid metabolism in man. Annual review of biochemistry, 44(1), 933-955.
3. Rudinger, J. (1976). Characteristics of the amino acids as components of a peptide hormone sequence.
4. Li, F., Yin, Y., Tan, B., Kong, X., & Wu, G. (2011). Leucine nutrition in animals and humans: mTOR signaling and beyond. Amino Acids, 41(5), 1185-1193.
5. Katsanos, C. S., Kobayashi, H., Sheffield-Moore, M., Aarsland, A., & Wolfe, R. R. (2006). A high proportion of leucine is required for optimal stimulation of the rate of muscle protein synthesis by essential amino acids in the elderly. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism,291(2), E381-E387.
6. Reidy PT, Walker DK, Dickinson JM, Gundermann DM, Drummond MJ, Timmerman KL, Fry CS, Borack MS, Cope MB, Mukherjea R, Jennings K, Volpi E, Rasmussen BB. Protein blend ingestion following resistance exercise promotes human muscle protein synthesis. J Nutr. 2013. Apr;143(4):410-6
7. Rodriguez NR, Vislocky LM, Gaine PC. Dietary protein, endurance exercise, and human skeletal-muscle protein turnover. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007 Jan;10(1):40-8
8. Frestedt JL, Zenk JL, Kuskowski MA, Ward LS, Bastian ED. A whey-protein supplement increases fat loss and spares lean muscle in obese subjects: a randomized human clinical study. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2008 Mar 27;5:8.
9. Bounous, G., Kongshavn, P. A. L., & Gold, P. (1988). The immunoenhancing property of dietary whey protein concentrate. Clin Invest Med, 11(4), 271-278.