What Is Pure Nutrition Cocoa Butter?
Pure Nutrition Cocoa Butter is all-natural extra-virgin raw cocoa butter, one of nature’s best sources of polyphenols and healthy fats. Cocoa butter is a meltable oil extract of cocoa beans, which have a vast range of health and longevity benefits, being especially useful for enhancing skin and soothing wounds, burns, and rashes.
Cocoa butter has a natural rich flavor making it great for making healthy homemade chocolate or even adding to a smoothie. Many people use cocoa butter as a natural topical ointment to reduce signs of skin wrinkling and provide moisture to dry skin.
Pure Nutrition Cocoa Butter is:
- 100% Natural and Raw (unrefined)
- Non-GMO and Preservative-Free
- Paleo- and Keto-friendly
- Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians
Benefits of Pure Nutrition Cocoa Butter:
Dietary fats come in two forms: saturated and unsaturated (Cocoa Butter contains both). For example, cocoa butter is rich in palmitic acid and stearic acid, two saturated fats that give cocoa butter its emollient properties (which make it great for enhancing skin texture and hydration).
Cocoa butter also contains a generous amount of oleic acid, a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid that helps reduce inflammation throughout the body.
Moreover, cocoa butter provides a high content of polyphenols, as the cocoa bean is one of the densest natural sources of catechins and flavonoids known to man. In recent years, there has been an increasing interest towards the beneficial health properties of cocoa beans and cocoa butter.
The benefits of the polyphenols in cocoa are quite diverse, ranging from better glucose metabolism, enhanced fatty acid oxidation, reduced cortisol levels, cardioprotective properties, improved platelet functions, and more.[2,3]
Why Choose Pure Nutrition Cocoa Butter
Pure Nutrition Cocoa Butter is one of the highest-quality Cocoa Butters available, being completely raw, unfiltered, extra-virgin, and cold-pressed. Many Cocoa Butter products are refined and processed, which significantly alters the fatty acid composition of the product and reduces the polyphenol content. Be wary of cocoa butter products that are hydrogenated and/or refined, as they are not the same as raw cocoa butter.
Each bottle of Pure Nutrition Cocoa Butter provides 250 grams of all-natural Cocoa.
1. Gasser, P., Lati, E., Peno‐Mazzarino, L., Bouzoud, D., Allegaert, L., & Bernaert, H. (2008). Cocoa polyphenols and their influence on parameters involved in ex vivo skin restructuring. International journal of cosmetic science, 30(5), 339-345.
2. Othman, A., Ismail, A., Ghani, N. A., & Adenan, I. (2007). Antioxidant capacity and phenolic content of cocoa beans. Food Chemistry, 100(4), 1523-1530.
3. Bravo, L. (1998). Polyphenols: chemistry, dietary sources, metabolism, and nutritional significance. Nutrition reviews, 56(11), 317-333.