What Is Pure Nutrition Gourmet Bar?
Pure Nutrition Gourmet Bar is a great-tasting crunchy protein bar that contains over 30% protein content and is very low in sugar.
Pure Nutrition Gourmet Bar is:
- Packed with 20 grams of protein per bar
- Only 230 calories per bar
- Less than 3 g of sugar per bar
- High in calcium
- Aspartame-free and Acesulfame Potassium-free
- A great snack or meal replacement for healthy on-the-go nutrition
Available in four decadent flavors, including choco coconut, double chocolate, cookies n’ cream, and raspberry cheesecake.
While fast-food chains and convenience store snacks are easier food options than making a healthy meal at home, they generally lack the quality nutrients (especially protein) that active people require for optimal performance and well-being.
Food is ultimately our main source of fuel and nourishment. Sadly, many people completely disregard proper nutrition when they’re in a pinch or short on time, instead looking for any food that is cheap and readily available. This often results in poor dietary habits and lack of results in the gym.
This is precisely why Gourmet Bar can come in handy for individuals who are often on-the-go and find themselves with limited food options but don’t want to sabotage their diet and fitness goals.
Benefits of Pure Nutrition Gourmet Bar
Gourmet Bar is a complete high-protein bar containing all of the essential amino acids necessary to promote muscle protein synthesis and help your body repair and rebuild efficiently. While many protein bars may seem healthy because they have a high amount of protein, they may also be very high in added sugars; Gourmet Bar contains no added sugars and has less than 3 grams of sugar in each bar.
Meeting your protein needs can be quite the challenge, especially if you live a busy, on-the-go lifestyle and don’t have much time to cook/prepare your own food. This is where Gourmet Bar comes in handy, as it provides 230 calories and 20 grams of quality protein per bar, making it ideal for active individuals who need a healthy snack or meal replacement.
Research shows that there are a multitude of other benefits from ingesting adequate protein on a daily basis, since it is the most important macronutrient for supporting lean body mass and promoting recovery from exercise.1-5
As such, Gourmet Bar can help:
- Increase recovery after exercise/physical activity
- Support healthy body composition and muscle building
- Decrease muscle tissue breakdown
- Provide healthy nutrients for a convenient, on-the-go meal/snack option
Why Choose Pure Nutrition Gourmet Bar
Many protein bars on the market include large amounts of added sugar and other high-glycemic carbohydrates that rapidly spike blood sugar and insulin levels. The reality is that eating a lot of sugar and simple carbohydrates can lead to insulin resistance, which in turn can cause type-2 diabetes, increase the risk of obesity, reduce satiety signals (i.e. encourage overeating), and make you feel lethargic.
Not to mention that protein bars loaded with sugar merely provide short bursts of energy only to make you crash in the immediate moments after the “sugar high” wears off.
This is why Pure Nutrition Gourmet Protein Bars are made with premium ingredients that help provide lasting energy (no sugar crashing), support lean body mass, and boost recovery. Unlike many protein bars these days, Gourmet Protein Bars don’t contain low-quality ingredients or cheap artificial sweeteners.
Remember, convenient and healthy on-the-go nutrition should serve to:
- Provide lasting energy
- Provide high-quality protein that is easily digestable
- Promote satiety and feelings of fullness
- Taste great
- Be low in sugar to prevent blood sugar swings and energy crashes
For athletes, gym-goers, and fitness enthusiasts alike, Gourmet Protein Bars are the gold standard of quality high-protein, on-the-go nutrition. Not to mention Gourmet Protein Bar comes in four delicious flavors, doesn’t contain any added sugar, and is free from aspartame and acesulfame-K.
1. Lemon, P. W. (2000). Beyond the zone: protein needs of active individuals. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 19(sup5), 513S-521S.
2. Timmerman KL, Volpi E. Amino acid metabolism and regulatory effects in aging. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Jan;11(1):45-9.
3. Katsanos, C. S., Kobayashi, H., Sheffield-Moore, M., Aarsland, A., & Wolfe, R. R. (2006). A high proportion of leucine is required for optimal stimulation of the rate of muscle protein synthesis by essential amino acids in the elderly. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism,291(2), E381-E387.
4. Reidy PT, Walker DK, Dickinson JM, Gundermann DM, Drummond MJ, Timmerman KL, Fry CS, Borack MS, Cope MB, Mukherjea R, Jennings K, Volpi E, Rasmussen BB. Protein blend ingestion following resistance exercise promotes human muscle protein synthesis. J Nutr. 2013. Apr;143(4):410-6
5. Rodriguez NR, Vislocky LM, Gaine PC. Dietary protein, endurance exercise, and human skeletal-muscle protein turnover. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007 Jan;10(1):40-8