What is AMINO BLAST?
AMINO BLAST is an evidence-based intraworkout supplement made for active individuals, ranging from elite athletes, bodybuilders, distance runners, weekend warriors, and even casual gym-goers. The ingredients in
AMINO BLAST are scientifically demonstrated to:
- Increase muscle protein synthesis (and enhance muscle growth)
- Promote recovery during and after intense exercise
- Support lean body mass and reduce muscle tissue breakdown
- Reduce fatigue so you can train harder and longer
- Promote vasodilation and better blood flow to muscle tissue
AMINO BLAST contains none of the unnecessary added sugars you find in most “sports” supplements and beverages these days. Most importantly, we’re confident it’s the best tasting intraworkout supplement you will ever try, and it comes in a variety of refreshing fruit flavors!
Why AMINO BLAST Is the Best Intraworkout Supplement on the Market
AMINO BLAST is an elite intraworkout supplement that is scientifically formulated for active people and those who want to get the most out of their healthy lifestyle and efforts in the gym (or wherever your life takes you).
Unlike most intraworkout supplements that contain nothing more than a small dose of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), AMINO BLAST provides a whopping 7000 mg of BCAAs per serving, along with synergistic workout-enhancing ingredients, including L-citrulline, L-glutamine, taurine, beta-alanine, and electrolytes. It is also manufactured in a cGMP facility, meaning you’re getting the purest, most effective intraworkout supplement available. And of course, it has a taste that will leave you wanting an extra scoop each time you drink it!
Benefits of AMINO BLAST:
- ELITE RESEARCH-BASED INTRAWORKOUT SUPPLEMENT. AMINO BLAST contains clinically-researched ingredients in efficacious doses that have been shown to enhance recovery and workout performance.
- INCREASE MUSCLE TISSUE GROWTH AND BLOCK MUSCLE TISSUE BREAKDOWN. AMINO BLAST works to ignite muscle protein synthesis, which protects your hard-earned lean body mass and helps you pack on more muscle.
- REDUCE FATIGUE, STAY HYDRATED, AND ENHANCE WORKOUT PERFORMANCE. AMINO BLAST helps to decrease fatigue and keep you hydrated while you exercise, allowing you to perform at a high level throughout your entire workout.
- MANUFACTURED IN A cGMP FACILITY AND FREE FROM PROPRIETARY BLENDS. AMINO BLAST is free from proprietary blends and made in a cGMP facility, ensuring you get a product that is potent, pure, and safe.
The Science behind AMINO BLAST
● 8:1:1 Branched-Chain Amino Acids: 7000 mg per serving
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are a group of three essential amino acids - leucine, isoleucine, and valine - which research shows are especially crucial for igniting muscle protein synthesis (MPS). These particular amino acids must be obtained through diet since your body doesn’t synthesize them endogenously (on its own).
By supplementing with BCAAs, you give your body the necessary substrates to enhance muscle building, inhibit muscle tissue catabolism (breakdown), decrease fatigue, and even increase fat loss.
The muscle protein synthesis pathway is initiated by a complex of proteins called mTOR protein complexes. It has now been well-demonstrated that L-leucine activates key enzymes in the mTOR pathway. However, supplementing with only L-leucine does not sufficiently increase muscle protein synthesis (it is more efficient when taken with the other two BCAAs). This is why AMINO BLAST contains all three BCAAs.
Moreover, L- isoleucine has been shown to enhance non-insulin dependent glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue, which is an anti-catabolic and anabolic property that enhances lean body mass preservation when calorie intake is restricted.
● L-Glutamine: 2500 mg per serving
Glutamine is a conditionally essential amino acid and is the most abundant amino acid in muscle tissue and blood plasma. Glutamine plays an important role in the support of protein and glycogen synthesis. It is also shown that glutamine plays a crucial role in gut health and immune function, especially in active individuals.
Intense exercise and endurance training can rapidly deplete glutamine levels for up to six hours after the fact, making it imperative to supplement with glutamine levels before, during, and/or after training to promote recovery and avoid overtraining.
● Beta-Alanine: 1000 mg per serving
Beta-alanine is an isomer of the amino acid alpha-alanine (proteinogenic alanine). The beta-alanine present in humans mainly comes from the dipeptide known as carnosine, which is present primarily in skeletal muscle tissue. Carnosine is made up of beta-alanine and histidine, and it's synthesis is limited by the amount of beta-alanine in the body. By supplementing with beta-alanine, you effectively increase the amount of carnosine available in muscle tissue.
A recent 8-week research study on collegiate athletes found that those who supplemented with beta-alanine daily gained muscle mass while losing body fat; athletes who took a placebo ended up losing lean body mass.
● L-Citrulline Malate: 1000 mg per serving
L-Citrulline is an amino acid that’s abundant in the skin of watermelon; the human body creates L-citrulline as part of the urea cycle, and is a major biomarker of gut function in clinical applications.
Research shows that citrulline works to enhance nitric oxide-dependent cell signaling, primarily by elevating plasma arginine levels and the synthesis of related metabolites, such as agmatine and ornithine.
Other benefits of L-citrulline include:
- Enhances the absorption of BCAAs
- Supports natural detoxification with the body
- Increases human growth hormone (HGH) secretion
- Taurine: 1000 mg per serving
Taurine is a non-proteinogenic amino acid that has long been used as a cognitive performance enhancer, and studies seem to suggest that it can drastically increases maximal workload capacity and decreases exercise-induced oxidative stress. Every rep and every pound on the bar counts, which is exactly why L-taurine made it into the AMINO BLAST formula!
● Electrolyte Blend: 800 mg per serving
Electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium) are essential minerals that carry electrical charges in your body, enabling various cellular reactions to take place. A major role of electrolytes is to control fluid balance in your body. As such, supplementing with electrolytes is one of the best ways for active individuals to stay hydrated and sustain total body water.
When you sweat, whether from heat or exercising (or both), your body starts to lose electrolytes and water, causing you to feel dehydrated. As a result, your performance can rapidly decline and you may even experience muscle cramps.  Thus, AMINO BLAST contains 800 mg per serving of essential electrolytes that keep you hydrated and performing at your peak.
How to Use AMINO BLAST
Take one to two servings of AMINO BLAST before, during, and/or after exercise for maximal benefit. We recommend using it as an intraworkout supplement at the very least. AMINO BLAST is also stimulant-free and can be combined with pre-workout supplements, like BLACK JACK. Some people prefer to sip on AMINO BLAST throughout the day to keep muscle protein synthesis elevated, which encourages muscle building and lean body mass preservation.
AMINO BLAST FAQ
● Q: Couldn’t I just take a protein supplement instead of BCAAs?
A: BCAAs (and other free-form amino acids) are much quicker to be utilized since they are unbound substrates, whereas protein needs to be digested to a degree before plasma amino acid levels will rise. As such, AMINO BLAST is the better choice intraworkout when you don’t want your body to be digesting a bunch of protein. We recommend using AMINO BLAST in conjunction with a high-protein diet for max benefits.
● Q: Will AMINO BLAST benefit me if I’m an endurance athlete?
A: Absolutely. BCAAs are well-known to enhance stamina and reduce muscle tissue catabolism, two things that are great for endurance athletes. Plus, the electrolyte blend will keep you hydrated and help you avoid cramping.
● Q: How long will it take to notice the effects of AMINO BLAST?
A: The ingredients in AMINO BLAST are rapidly absorbed and quickly utilized by your body, making them effective from the very first time you use it.
1. Blomstrand E, Eliasson J, Karlsson HK, Köhnke R. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):269S-73S.
2. Suryawan A, Torrazza RM, Gazzaneo MC, Orellana RA, Fiorotto ML, El-Kadi SW, Srivastava N, Nguyen HV, Davis TA.Enteral leucine supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal and cardiac muscles and visceral tissues of neonatal pigs through mTORC1-dependent pathways. Pediatr Res. 2012 Apr;71(4 Pt 1):324-31.
3. Howatson G, Hoad M, Goodall S, Tallent J, Bell PG, French DN. Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012 May 8;9(1):20.
4. Manders RJ, Little JP, Forbes SC, Candow DG. Insulinotropic and muscle protein synthetic effects of branched-chain amino acids: potential therapy for type 2 diabetes and sarcopenia. Nutrients. 2012 Nov 8;4(11):1664-78.
5. Cruzat, V. F., & Tirapegui, J. (2009). Effects of oral supplementation with glutamine and alanyl-glutamine on glutamine, glutamate, and glutathione status in trained rats and subjected to long-duration exercise. Nutrition,25(4), 428-435.
6. Burke, D. J., Alverdy, J. C., Aoys, E., & Moss, G. S. (1989). Glutamine-supplemented total parenteral nutrition improves gut immune function. Archives of Surgery, 124(12), 1396-1399.
7. Culbertson, J. Y., Kreider, R. B., Greenwood, M., & Cooke, M. (2010). Effects of beta-alanine on muscle carnosine and exercise performance: a review of the current literature. Nutrients, 2(1), 75-98.
8. Meneguello, M. O., Mendonca, J. R., Lancha Jr, A. H., & Costa Rosa, L. F. B. P. (2003). Effect of arginine, ornithine and citrulline supplementation upon performance and metabolism of trained rats. Cell biochemistry and function, 21(1), 85-91.
9. Zhang, M., Izumi, I., Kagamimori, S., Sokejima, S., Yamagami, T., Liu, Z., & Qi, B. (2004). Role of taurine supplementation to prevent exercise-induced oxidative stress in healthy young men. Amino acids, 26(2), 203-207.
10. Shirreffs, S. M., & Sawka, M. N. (2011). Fluid and electrolyte needs for training, competition, and recovery. Journal of sports sciences, 29(sup1), S39-S46.