What is BCAA Blast?
BCAA Blast is an evidence-based workout support supplement made for active individuals, regardless if you’re an elite athlete, an avid runner, or a weekend gym warrior. BCAA Blast is formulated with scientifically proven ingredients that have been shown to:
- Increase muscle protein synthesis (and improve muscle building)
- Promote recovery during and after intense exercise
- Support lean body mass
- Reduce fatigue, allowing you to train longer and harder
- Decrease muscle tissue breakdown
BCAA Blast contains no added sugars that only detract from your performance. Best of all, we’re confident it’s the best tasting intraworkout supplement you will ever try, and it comes in 9 different refreshing fruit flavors!
We also have an unflavored BCAA Blast that contains nothing but pure and raw BCAA, L-glutamine, and vitamin B-6 (no artificial sweeteners or flavorings).
Why BCAA Blast Is the Best BCAA Supplement Available
BCAA Blast is an elite intraworkout supplement that is ideal for active people and those who want to get the most out of their training efforts. Unlike many BCAA supplements, BCAA Blast contains the most effective ratio of branched-chain amino acids, along with synergistic L-glutamine and vitamin B6 for enhanced recovery and mental performance. It is also manufactured in the USA in a cGMP facility and has a taste that you’re sure to love.
Benefits of BCAA Blast:
- PREMIUM WORKOUT SUPPORT SUPPLEMENT. BCAA Blast contains clinically-researched ingredients in efficacious doses that have been shown to enhance recovery and workout performance.
- BOOST MUSCLE TISSUE GROWTH AND INHIBIT MUSCLE TISSUE BREAKDOWN. BCAA Blast works to increase muscle protein synthesis and protect you far losing hard-earned muscle tissue.
- KEEP ENERGIZED AND ENHANCE WORKOUT PERFORMANCE. BCAA Blast helps to keep you energized and performing at a high level throughout your entire workout.
- NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS, MANUFACTURED IN THE USA IN A cGMP FACILITY. BCAA Blast is free from proprietary blends and made in cGMP facility in the USA, ensuring you get a product that is potent, pure, and safe.
The Science behind BCAA Blast
2:1:1 Branched-Chain Amino Acids: 4000 mg per serving
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are comprised of three essential amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine. These particular amino acids must be obtained through diet since humans don’t synthesize them endogenously. Research has found that BCAAs are critical substrates for positively regulating muscle protein synthesis.1 In effect, supplementing with BCAAs helps to promote muscle growth, prevent muscle tissue breakdown, reduce soreness after training, and promote fat loss.3, 4
The muscle protein synthesis pathway is initiated by a complex of proteins called mTOR protein complexes. Research has found that the BCAA L-leucine activates key enzymes in the mTOR pathway.1 However, L-leucine on its own does not sufficiently increase muscle protein synthesis (it is more efficient in the presence the other two BCAAs).2
Moreover, L- isoleucine appears to be responsible for enhancing non-insulin dependent glucose uptake into skeletal muscle tissue (via increase in GLUT4 expression), which results in preservation of lean body mass and promotes fat loss.4
L-Glutamine: 1000 mg per serving
L-glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the human body and plays an important role in many biological functions. During exercise, especially intense exercise, the body’s glutamine stores are depleted, which can negatively impact performance and also suppress immune function.5 This makes glutamine supplementation a priority for athletes and active gym-goers.
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl): 2.5 mg per serving
There are more than 160 human physiological reactions in which the active form of vitamin B6 is essential for. A particularly important reaction that vitamin B6 is involved in the conversion of L-tryptophan into 5-HTP. As such, consuming supplemental vitamin B6 helps increase 5-HTP synthesis in your brain, which has a variety of benefits on your cognitive function and mental performance.
How to Use BCAA Blast
Taking BCAA Blast before, during, and/or after exercise will elicit the most benefits and results. We recommend using it as an intraworkout supplement at the very least. Some people prefer to sip on BCAA Blast throughout the day to keep muscle protein synthesis elevated, which encourages muscle building and lean body mass preservation.
BCAA Blast FAQ
• Q: Couldn’t I just take a protein supplement instead of BCAAs and glutamine?
A: It depends on what you’re trying to accomplish; BCAAs (and other free-form amino acids) are much quicker to be utilized since they are unbound substrates, whereas protein needs to be digested to a degree before plasma amino acid levels will rise.
• Q: Will BCAA Blast benefit me if I’m an endurance athlete?
A: Absolutely, the added BCAAs and glutamine will help impede excessive muscle breakdown that is generally associated with long-duration aerobic exercise. And the electrolyte blend will slow dehydration and cramping.
• Q: How long will it take to notice the effects of BCAA Blast?
A: BCAA Blast is rapidly absorbed into the blood and is effective from the very first time you use it.
1. Blomstrand E, Eliasson J, Karlsson HK, Köhnke R. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):269S-73S.
2. Suryawan A, Torrazza RM, Gazzaneo MC, Orellana RA, Fiorotto ML, El-Kadi SW, Srivastava N, Nguyen HV, Davis TA.Enteral leucine supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal and cardiac muscles and visceral tissues of neonatal pigs through mTORC1-dependent pathways. Pediatr Res. 2012 Apr;71(4 Pt 1):324-31.
3. Howatson G, Hoad M, Goodall S, Tallent J, Bell PG, French DN. Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012 May 8;9(1):20.
4. Manders RJ, Little JP, Forbes SC, Candow DG. Insulinotropic and muscle protein synthetic effects of branched-chain amino acids: potential therapy for type 2 diabetes and sarcopenia. Nutrients. 2012 Nov 8;4(11):1664-78.
5. Cruzat, V. F., & Tirapegui, J. (2009). Effects of oral supplementation with glutamine and alanyl-glutamine on glutamine, glutamate, and glutathione status in trained rats and subjected to long-duration exercise. Nutrition,25(4), 428-435.
6. Shirreffs, S. M., & Sawka, M. N. (2011). Fluid and electrolyte needs for training, competition, and recovery. Journal of sports sciences, 29(sup1), S39-S46.
Pure Nutrition BCAA Blast