What Is Pure Nutrition Liquid Collagen ?
The foundation ingredient in Pure Nutrition Liquid Collagen is bioactive type-I and type-III collagen peptides (as patented and clinically tested Fortigel®). Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body, being highly important for joint cartilage, skin tissue, and muscle. In fact, collagen comprises roughly 60% of the total protein content in the body.
There are many types of collagen in the human body, but type-I and type-III collagen in particular are especially crucial for supporting cartilage integrity and skin tissue, as well as other connective tissues.
As we age past our 20s, our body starts to produce significantly less collagen. Research shows that by the age of 40, most people produce 25% less collagen than they need; by age 60, that number jumps up to 50%.1
As such, supplementing with collagen becomes increasingly important as we grow older. Even in younger active individuals, collagen supplementation remains key for supporting healthy joint and muscle recuperation.
Pure Nutrition Liquid Collagen is:
- Rich in bioactive bovine collagen peptides
- A great source of type-I and type-III collagen
- Extremely low in fat, sugar, and carbohydrates
- Delicious and ready-to-drink out of the bottle
- Free from aspartame and acesulfame-K
Benefits of Pure Nutrition Liquid Collagen
There is a growing body of clinical evidence in young adults showing the efficacy of Fortigel® for enhancing joint integrity and cartilage, as well as reducing joint pain and increasing joint range of motion/flexibility.2 In fact, clinical researchers contend that Fortigel® offers a new approach to treating osteoarthritis.
The mechanisms by which type-I and type-III collagen support articulations are largely by attenuating proinflammatory biomarkers and mitigating the actions of other pain-inducing factors that accumulate in joint regions.3 Fortigel® also appears to help regenerate matrix molecules found in tendons and ligaments, thereby promoting healthy muscular contraction and mobility.4
Other benefits of collagen supplementation may include support for healthy immune function and neurogenesis.
For individuals with compromised joint function or soreness, Liquid Collagen provides multifunctional bioactive collagen peptides that target joint integrity and skin health through several key mechanisms. As such, supplementing with Liquid Collagen help in a variety of ways, including:
- Alleviating joint aches and pain
- Supporting cartilage integrity
- Promoting joint flexibility and mobility
- Supporting bone and skin tissues
- Supporting anti-inflammatory processes in connective tissues
Why Choose Pure Nutrition Liquid Collagen
Pure Nutrition Liquid Collagen is one of the highest-quality collagen supplements available, providing an evidence-based dose (10 grams) of Fortigel® bioactive collagen peptides in each serving. Liquid Collagen comes in a delicious fruit punch flavor and can be taken straight out of the bottle or diluted in water.
Each bottle of Pure Nutrition Liquid Collagen is produced in a cGMP facility in Germany, ensuring the highest purity, potency, and effectiveness.
1. Hamlin, C. R., Luschin, J. H., & Kohn, R. R. (1980). Aging of collagen: comparative rates in four mammalian species. Experimental gerontology, 15(5), 393-398.
2. Flechsenhar, K. (2007). FORTIGEL (R)-a new concept for the treatment of osteoarthritis. Agro Food Industry Hi-tech, 18(5), 46-48.
3. Oesser, S., Proksch, E., & Schunck, M. (2008). 72 PROPHYLACTIC TREATMENT WITH A SPECIAL COLLAGEN HYDROLYSATE DECREASES CARTILAGE TISSUE DEGENERATION IN THE KNEE JOINTS. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 16, S45.
4. Schunck, M., & Oesser, S. (2013). Specific collagen peptides benefit the biosynthesis of matrix molecules of tendons and ligaments. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 10(1), P23.