What is Pure Nutrition Vitamin E
Pure Nutrition Vitamin E is a highly potent Vitamin E supplement delivered as a mixture of vitamin E tocopherols, including D-alpha tocopherol, D-beta tocopherol, D-gamma tocopherol, and D-delta tocopherol. Vitamin E (tocopherol) is a crucial fat-soluble vitamin and arguably one of the most important antioxidant micronutrients for humans. Vitamin E plays a major role in immune function and heart health, thereby contributing to the aging process.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin found primarily in leafy green vegetables, nuts/legumes, whole grains, and various vegetable/nut oils. Vitamin E is generally consumed in adequate amounts through the diet, but research suggests that supplemental vitamin E may provide added benefits, particularly in those who have weakened immune function or cardiovascular complications.1,2
D-alpha tocopherol appears to be the most biologically active of the vitamin E isomers, but they all play a role in health and longevity. Each softgel of Pure Nutrition Vitamin E contains a combined 266.67 mg of four crucial Vitamin E isomers, equivalent to 1,778% of the recommended daily value.
Pure Nutrition Vitamin E Benefits
Vitamin E also supports the body and brain by protecting cells from oxidative stress. The chemical structure of vitamin E, specifically D-alpha tocopherol, allows it to inhibit the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and free radicals normally made when fats are oxidized. In addition, vitamin E appears to support immune function by blocking the actions of protein kinase C.3
Vitamin E is also suggested to support healthy blood flow and blood pressure by enhancing endothelial function and inhibiting platelet aggregation as well as clotting factors.4 In other words, vitamin E works as a natural anticoagulant.
Benefits of supplementing with Vitamin E may include:
- Encourages healthy immune function
- Increases antioxidant capacity in the body
- Helps control inflammation
- Supports cognitive function
- Promote healthy cardiovascular function
The Pure Nutrition Quality Difference
Pure Nutrition Vitamin E is manufactured in a cGMP-certified facility in the USA. It is also free from wheat/gluten, starch, shellfish, milk, egg, tree nuts, artificial colors, and GMOs.
1. Glynn RJ, Ridker PM, Goldhaber SZ, Zee RY, Buring JE. Effects of random allocation to vitamin E supplementation on the occurrence of venous thromboembolism: report from the Women’s Health Study. Circulation 2007;116:1497-1503.
2. Traber MG. Vitamin E regulatory mechanisms. Annu Rev Nutr 2007;27:347-62
3. Traber MG. Vitamin E. In: Shils ME, Shike M, Ross AC, Caballero B, Cousins R, eds. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. 10th ed. Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006;396-411.
4. Dowd, P., & Zheng, Z. B. (1995). On the mechanism of the anticlotting action of vitamin E quinone. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 92(18), 8171–8175. doi:10.1073/pnas.92.18.8171