What is L-Carnitine 1000?
L-Carnitine 1000 is a a high-quality stimulant-free fat burner supplement containing trademarked, Carnipure® L-carnitine from the Swiss company Lonza Ltd. L-carnitine is an endogenous molecule known as a quaternary ammonium compound, but often mistakenly referred to as an amino acid. L-carnitine is necessary for transporting triglycerides (specifically long-chain fats) across mitochondrial membranes so they can be converted to ATP (i.e. cellular energy).
In contrast to generic L-carnitine supplements, Carnipure® is the purest and most potent form of L-carnitine on the market and clinically tested as being beneficial for weight loss and mitochondrial support.1
L-Carnitine 1000 capsules are great for anytime you want an extra boost of energy. Every capsule contains 1,000 mg of fat burning Carnipure® L-carnitine and works best when taken on an empty stomach, roughly 30-60 minutes before exercising.
Benefits of L-Carnitine 1000
Carnipure® is a premium trademarked form of L-carnitine that has been studied extensively and shown to be beneficial for a range of applications, such as weight loss, male fertility, athletic performance, healthy aging, and energy levels.2
L-carnitine is an essential biological molecule that helps transport long-chain triglycerides across mitochondrial membranes so that can be oxidized (“burned”) for energy. In other words, L-carnitine is crucial for helping your cells utilize both dietary fat and body fat for fuel, and this can help promote better energy levels and weight loss as a result of increased fatty acid oxidation.
In fact, a recent meta-analysis of nine human studies found that subjects given L-carnitine lost an additional 1.33 kg (roughly 3 lbs) of body weight, on average, compared to those taking a placebo supplement.1 In several of the studies, subjects taking L-carnitine lost upwards of 2 kg (4.4. lbs) more body weight than those taking a placebo. Doses ranged from 1800 mg - 4000 mg per day in these human trials, and it was concluded that 2000-3000 mg of L-carnitine per day is efficacious for enhancing weight loss.
However, the typical Western diet provides a mere 100-300 mg of L-carnitine per day, most of which comes from meat and dairy. Vegans and vegetarians may consume as little as a few milligrams of L-carnitine on a daily basis. As such, supplementing with L-Carnitine 1000 is imperative for getting a performance-enhancing dose of this crucial compound on a daily basis.
Moreover, the majority of L-carnitine stored in the body resides in muscle tissue.3 Supplementing with L-carnitine results in an increased muscle L-carnitine content, which can subsequently enhance athletic performance by bolstering bioenergetic pathways in skeletal muscle tissue, allowing athletes and gym-goers to train harder and longer.4 Hence, most any active individual, such as an endurance athlete, powerlifter, bodybuilder, or gym-goer can benefit from L-Carnitine 1000, especially by taking it before weight lifting and prior to cardio for optimizing fatty acid oxidation and energy levels.
L-carnitine is also beneficial for aging and longevity due to its strong antioxidant properties throughout the body, working to neutralize free radicals and mitigate inflammation.5 In turn, supplementing with L-carnitine reduce oxidative stress and protect cells from toxic compounds that accumulate over time.
Overview of L-Carnitine 1000 Benefits:
- Support fat loss while protecting lean body mass
- Enhance muscle bioenergetics for improved athletic performance
- Works as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent
- Reduces fatigue and lactic acid buildup during exercise
- Stacks well with other pre-workout ingredients, thermogenics, and BCAAs
- Contains high-quality Carnipure® L-carnitine for optimal purity and potency
What Makes Pure Nutrition L-Carnitine 1000 the Best L-Carnitine Supplement?
Many L-carnitine supplements on the market are underdosed and come in an impractical tablet form, which means you have to swallow several large pills at a time just to get an effective amount of L-carnitine. This is why L-
Carnitine 1000 is the ideal choice for L-carnitine supplements by providing 1000 mg of high-quality Carnipure® L-carnitine in every capsule, meaning you only need to take 1-2 pills per day. Moreover, L-Carnitine 1000 is manufactured in Germany in a cGMP-certified facility.
1. Pooyandjoo, M., Nouhi, M., Shab‐Bidar, S., Djafarian, K., & Olyaeemanesh, A. (2016). The effect of (L‐) carnitine on weight loss in adults: a systematic review and meta‐analysis of randomized controlled trials. Obesity reviews, 17(10), 970-976.
2. Walter, P., & Schaffhauser, A. O. (2000). L-Carnitine, a ‘Vitamin-Like Substance’for Functional Food. Proceedings of the Symposium on L-Carnitine, April 28 to May 1, 2000, Zermatt, Switzerland. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, 44(2), 75-96.
3. Feller AG, Rudman D. Role of carnitine in human nutrition. Journal of Nutrition 118: 541-547, 1988.
4. Barnett, C., Costill, D. L., Vukovich, M. D., Cole, K. J., Goodpaster, B. H., Trappe, S. W., & Fink, W. J. (1994). Effect of L-carnitine supplementation on muscle and blood camitine content and lactate accumulation during high-intensity sprint cycling. International journal of sport nutrition, 4(3), 280-288.
5. Gülçin, İ. (2006). Antioxidant and antiradical activities of L-carnitine. Life sciences, 78(8), 803-811.