What is Pure Nutrition Whey Isolate?
Whey Isolate is a fast-acting and delicious protein powder featuring pure whey protein isolate - the ideal form of whey protein for rapid digestion and absorption. Whey Isolate is the optimal protein powder to use before and after training/exercise since it’s simple to digest and quickly replenished your muscle tissue with essential amino acids.
Pure Nutrition also offers an unflavored Whey Isolate option for those who want just pure whey protein isolate without any added flavoring.
What is Whey Protein Isolate?
The term “whey” refers to protein that is the byproduct of cheese production; whey has the highest known human biological value of any protein. Whey is a complete protein source (i.e. it contains all essential amino acids) and is revered for its capacity to stimulate muscle repair and growth. Essential amino acids must be provided through diet as the body doesn’t produce them on its own.
Whey protein isolate is a specific form of whey protein created via specific membrane filtration methods that yield a whey that is over 90% protein content (and extremely low in lactose). This form of whey protein is rapidly digested and absorbed, making it the ideal protein before and after exercise.
If you’re looking for a sustained-release protein supplement to keep you anabolic overnight and throughout the day, Pure Nutrition offers Pure Casein and Protein Complex.
Benefits of Whey Isolate
Studies demonstrate that active individuals, athletes, the elderly, and even teenagers require more protein intake.1 This is why we created Whey Isolate - a pure quick-acting protein powder supplement containing exclusively whey protein isolate for helping active individuals fuel and recover their training/exercise.
Protein is undoubtedly the most important macronutrient for building and repairing skeletal muscle. Adequate protein intake is also crucial for many other vital functions, including energy production, hormone synthesis, immune function, cardiovascular health, neurotransmission, water balance, and more. 2
Whey Isolate is exceptionally rich in key muscle-building amino acids, particularly branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). Research has consistently shown that one of the BCAAs - L -leucine - is imperative for enhancing muscle protein synthesis (i.e. creation of muscle tissue).3 Naturally, more muscle protein synthesis will promote better muscle tissue growth and repair.
This is important to note since some protein powders lack BCAAs and other essential amino acids, therefore reducing your potential to recover and build muscle.
Furthermore, regular consumption of Whey Isolate has a multitude of evidence-based benefits beyond just promoting muscle building, including:
- Highly purified and complete protein source with over 6 grams of BCAAs per serving for stimulating muscle growth4
- Rapidly absorption and easily digestible
- Ideal for lactose intolerant people
- Practical & convenient to add to any diet plan
- Maximizes the anabolic response to resistance training and intense exercise4
- Reduces muscle catabolism during extended aerobic activity, making it beneficial for endurance athletes5
- May help reduce body fat and enhance body composition6
What Makes Pure Nutrition Whey Isolate the Best Whey Protein Isolate Supplement?
Pure Nutrition Whey Isolate is the tastiest, fastest acting whey protein powder available, using 100% whey protein isolate produced in a cGMP facility using both micro- and ultrafiltration processes. The resulting product contains over 90% protein content and has nearly no lactose or fat. Be wary of competitor “whey protein isolate” products that add fillers, like maltodextrin, or non-proteinogenic amino acids like taurine into their formula.
Whey Isolate is also easy to mix with a spoon or shaker cup and liquid of your choice, and you can add it to pretty much any solid food recipe for a simple and delicious protein boost!
Each serving (one level scoop) of Whey Isolate contains:
- 27 grams of pure whey protein isolate
- Over 6 grams of BCAAs for building muscle
- Only 1 gram of net carbs
- Minimal lactose, making it great for lactose intolerant people
- No added sugar or aspartame
- Pure Nutrition Whey Isolate features pure whey protein isolate in a delicious-tasting, aspartame-free formula made specifically to help you get fast-acting protein your muscles crave after a hard workout. If you’re looking to enhance recovery, build muscle, and lose fat, then Pure Nutrition Whey Isolate is for you.
Who Should Use Whey Isolate
Whey Isolate is the optimal fast-acting source of whey protein and can benefit a wide range of people, including:
- Active individuals who perform resistance training
- Anyone looking for a fast-acting protein supplement to build lean muscle
- Competitive and recreational athletes who want to enhance recovery
- Bodybuilders and physique competitors
- Endurance athletes and distance runners
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will Whey Isolate upset my stomach if I’m lactose intolerant?
A: Pure Nutrition Whey Isolate contains very minimal lactose is suitable for those who are lactose intolerant.
Q: Is it true that whey protein is bad for the kidneys?
A: Your kidneys are responsible for filtering out excessive nitrogen content. While eating a lot of protein will lead to more nitrogen retention, there is no literature suggesting this to be harmful to healthy kidneys.
Q: Can I mix Whey Isolate in any liquid?
A: Whey Isolate will readily mix in most any liquid, including juices, milk, water, etc.
Q: Can I use Whey Isolate in cooking and baking recipes?
A: Certainly! Pure Nutrition Whey Isolate is a great protein source to add to many baking and cooking recipes. Try mixing it in cooked oats or yogurt for an easy and tasty protein boost!
- Lemon, P. W. (2000). Beyond the zone: protein needs of active individuals. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 19(sup5), 513S-521S.
- Felig, P. (1975). Amino acid metabolism in man. Annual review of biochemistry, 44(1), 933-955.
- Katsanos, C. S., Kobayashi, H., Sheffield-Moore, M., Aarsland, A., & Wolfe, R. R. (2006). A high proportion of leucine is required for optimal stimulation of the rate of muscle protein synthesis by essential amino acids in the elderly. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism,291(2), E381-E387.
- Reidy PT, Walker DK, Dickinson JM, Gundermann DM, Drummond MJ, Timmerman KL, Fry CS, Borack MS, Cope MB, Mukherjea R, Jennings K, Volpi E, Rasmussen BB. Protein blend ingestion following resistance exercise promotes human muscle protein synthesis. J Nutr. 2013. Apr;143(4):410-6
- Rodriguez NR, Vislocky LM, Gaine PC. Dietary protein, endurance exercise, and human skeletal-muscle protein turnover. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007 Jan;10(1):40-8
- Frestedt JL, Zenk JL, Kuskowski MA, Ward LS, Bastian ED. A whey-protein supplement increases fat loss and spares lean muscle in obese subjects: a randomized human clinical study. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2008 Mar 27;5:8.