What is Pure Nutrition AAKG Powder?
Pure Nutrition L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate powder features 5 grams of 100% pure arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (commonly referred to as “AAKG”) in every serving with absolutely zero fillers and zero additives.
AAKG works by increasing plasma levels of arginine, which subsequently serves as a substrate for the synthesis of nitric oxide (NO) - the primary molecule that signals blood vessels to relax and dilate/expand. As such, AAKG supplementation helps promote blood flow and support athletic performance by fortifying nutrient and oxygen delivery to working muscle tissue.
AAKG is most commonly used as a pre-workout vasodilator and NO booster supplement for optimizing muscle volumization and increasing muscle pumps while training. Since Pure Nutrition AAKG powder is tasteless and stimulant-free, it can be stacked with any of your pre-workout supplements for synergistic benefits!
Benefits of Pure Nutrition AAKG Powder
Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate is a salt form of the amino acid L-arginine bonded to alpha-ketoglutaric acid, the latter of which is an essential intermediate compound that helps transport nitrogen throughout the body.
AAKG powder ultimately serves as a highly bioavailable form of L-arginine - the amino acid that your body uses to synthesize nitric oxide (NO). Supplementing with L-arginine before training (especially weight lifting) has been shown to significantly increase plasma L-arginine concentrations and boost NO levels, thereby support better athletic performance.1
Moreover, by increasing NO levels, AAKG powder helps relax and expand blood vessels so that blood flow to working muscle tissue becomes more efficient blood flow and you can train longer and more intensely.
AAKG may also confer benefits outside of the gym for general health and well-being by supporting healthy blood pressure levels as well as erectile function in men. In fact, several studies have shown that AAKG works as a natural antihypertensive supplement and can effectively enhance erectile function in men with physiological erectile dysfunction. 2,3 Interestingly, AAKG has been shown to produce even greater erectile benefits when combined with yohimbine HCl.4
In addition, the alpha-ketoglutarate component of AAKG is purported to have longevity and immune benefits by reducing various inflammatory biomarkers and inhibiting oxidative stress.4
Primary Benefits of Pure Nutrition Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate Powder:
- Increases plasma L-arginine significantly, leading to greater nitric oxide (NO) production and enhanced blood flow to skeletal muscle tissue
- Promotes greater nutrient and oxygen delivery to working the muscle tissue, thereby supporting athletic performance and recovery
- Supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Works as a natural supplement for erectile dysfunction
What Makes Pure Nutrition AAKG Powder he Best Arginine Supplement on the Market?
Similar to Pure Nutrition L-Citrulline Malate powder, our AAKG powder is produced in the USA in a state-of-the-art cGMP-certified facility that adheres to strict quality control standards. This ensures that you’re getting pure, high-quality, and potent AAKG in every serving of Pure Nutrition Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate powder. Plus, we use 100% pure AAKG and absolutely no fillers or additives, making this the best value on the market for a pure L-arginine supplement.
Every bottle provides a whopping kilogram of AAKG, which is 200 servings at the recommended dose of 5 grams. Start by taking one serving (5 grams) in 8-12 oz of your beverage of choice, preferably on an empty stomach 1-2 times daily. For optimal performance-enhancement, take one serving of AAKG powder about 30 minutes before exercising or any other time you want to enhance blood flow. Do not exceed 10 grams of AAKG powder per day.
Note: Do not use AAKG Powder without prior consent from a physician if you have herpes simplex virus, glaucoma, high blood pressure (hypertension), or other heart conditions.
1. Willoughby, DS; Boucher T; Reid J; Skelton G; Clark M (Aug 2011). "Effects of 7 days of arginine-alpha-ketoglutarate supplementation on blood flow, plasma L-arginine, nitric oxide metabolites, and asymmetric dimethyl arginine after resistance exercise". International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. 21 (4): 291–9
2. Cormio, L., De Siati, M., Lorusso, F., Selvaggio, O., Mirabella, L., Sanguedolce, F., & Carrieri, G. (2011). Oral L-citrulline supplementation improves erection hardness in men with mild erectile dysfunction. Urology, 77(1), 119-122.
3. Siani, A., Pagano, E., Iacone, R., Iacoviello, L., Scopacasa, F., & Strazzullo, P. (2000). Blood pressure and metabolic changes during dietary L-arginine supplementation in humans. American journal of hypertension, 13(5), 547-551.
4. Lebret, T., Hervé, J. M., Gorny, P., Worcel, M., & Botto, H. (2002). Efficacy and safety of a novel combination of L-arginine glutamate and yohimbine hydrochloride: a new oral therapy for erectile dysfunction. European urology, 41(6), 608-613.
5. K; Jung, et. al (2014). "The metabolite α-ketoglutarate extends lifespan by inhibiting ATP synthase and TOR". Nature. 510 (7505): 397–401.