BCAA Blast Drink is a ready-to-drink sports beverage containing branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), L-glutamine, and vitamin B6, making it the ideal drink for before, during, and after a hard workout or athletic event. The ingredients in BCAA Blast Drink have been studied extensively over the past 20 years, with evidence showing that they can:
Best of all, BCAA Blast Drink contains no unnecessary fillers or added sugars that only hinder your performance. It’s the best tasting sports beverage you will ever try, and it comes in three refreshing fruit flavors, including fruit punch, watermelon, and raspberry!
BCAA Blast Drink is a premium ready-to-drink intraworkout beverage that is ideal for active individuals and those who want to get the most out of their healthy lifestyle. Unlike other “sports” beverages, such as Gatorade and Powerade, BCAA Blast Drink is free from added sugars, instead providing pure branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) and L-glutamine - ingredients that are proven in scientific research to promote recovery and enhance muscle building. BCAA Blast Drink is also made in the EU in a cGMP facility and has a delicious fruit flavor to quench your thirst any time of day.
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are comprised of three essential amino acids: leucine, isoleucine, and valine. These particular amino acids must be obtained through diet since humans don’t synthesize them endogenously. Research has found that BCAAs are critical substrates for positively regulating muscle protein synthesis.1 In effect, supplementing with BCAAs helps to promote muscle growth, prevent muscle tissue breakdown, reduce soreness after training, and promote fat loss.3, 4
The muscle protein synthesis pathway is initiated by a complex of proteins called mTOR protein complexes. Research has found that the BCAA L-leucine activates key enzymes in the mTOR pathway.1 However, L-leucine on its own does not sufficiently increase muscle protein synthesis (it is more efficient in the presence the other two BCAAs).2
Moreover, L- isoleucine appears to be responsible for enhancing non-insulin dependent glucose uptake into skeletal muscle tissue (via increase in GLUT4 expression), which results in preservation of lean body mass and promotes fat loss.4
L-glutamine is one of the most abundant amino acids in the human body and plays an important role in many biological functions. During exercise, especially intense exercise, the body’s glutamine stores are depleted, which can negatively impact performance and also suppress immune function.5 This makes glutamine supplementation a priority for athletes and active gym-goers.
There are more than 160 human physiological reactions in which the active form of vitamin B6 is essential for. A particularly important reaction that vitamin B6 is involved in the conversion of L-tryptophan into 5-HTP. As such, consuming supplemental vitamin B6 helps increase 5-HTP synthesis in your brain, which has a variety of benefits on your cognitive function and mental performance.
Consume one bottle (750mL) of BCAA Blast Drink before, during, and/or after exercise for optimal benefits. Some people may also use it as an amino acid beverage to sip on throughout the day, which can assist muscle recovery and support lean body mass.
A: It depends on what you’re trying to accomplish; BCAAs (and other free-form amino acids) are much quicker to be utilized since they are unbound substrates, whereas protein needs to be digested to a degree before plasma amino acid levels will rise.
A: Absolutely, the added BCAAs and glutamine will help impede excessive muscle breakdown that is generally associated with long-duration aerobic exercise. And the electrolyte blend will slow dehydration and cramping.
A: BCAA Blast Drink is rapidly absorbed into the blood and is effective from the very first time you use it.
1. Blomstrand E, Eliasson J, Karlsson HK, Köhnke R. Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):269S-73S.
2. Suryawan A, Torrazza RM, Gazzaneo MC, Orellana RA, Fiorotto ML, El-Kadi SW, Srivastava N, Nguyen HV, Davis TA.Enteral leucine supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal and cardiac muscles and visceral tissues of neonatal pigs through mTORC1-dependent pathways. Pediatr Res. 2012 Apr;71(4 Pt 1):324-31.
3. Howatson G, Hoad M, Goodall S, Tallent J, Bell PG, French DN. Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012 May 8;9(1):20.
4. Manders RJ, Little JP, Forbes SC, Candow DG. Insulinotropic and muscle protein synthetic effects of branched-chain amino acids: potential therapy for type 2 diabetes and sarcopenia. Nutrients. 2012 Nov 8;4(11):1664-78.
5. Cruzat, V. F., & Tirapegui, J. (2009). Effects of oral supplementation with glutamine and alanyl-glutamine on glutamine, glutamate, and glutathione status in trained rats and subjected to long-duration exercise. Nutrition,25(4), 428-435.
6. Shirreffs, S. M., & Sawka, M. N. (2011). Fluid and electrolyte needs for training, competition, and recovery. Journal of sports sciences, 29(sup1), S39-S46.
|Serving Size||1 bottle (750 ml)|
|Amount per Serving|
|Vitamin B6 ( Pirodoxine )||2.5 mg|