What is Pure Nutrition Zinc?
Pure Nutrition Zinc is a potent zinc supplement providing bioavailable zinc picolinate - a form of organic zinc that is well-absorbed compared to inferior forms, like zinc oxide.1 Zinc is a ubiquitous essential mineral for humans, commonly serving as a component of metalloenzymes that operate in virtually every body system, especially the digestive system, immune system, nervous system, and endocrine system.2
It’s suggested that as few as 1 in every 3 adults meet their daily needs of zinc through diet alone.3 Zinc deficiency is a major risk factor for toxin buildup, gastrointestinal inflammation, immune suppression, and hormonal imbalances. As such, consuming an adequate amount of zinc is crucial for overall health and wellness.
Each capsule of Pure Nutrition Zinc provides 50 mg of zinc picolinate to help you meet your daily zinc needs.
Benefits of Pure Nutrition Zinc Supplementation
Zinc is an essential mineral commonly found as a part of metalloenzymes. It works to fortify the integrity of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, modulate gene expression, protect cell membranes, enhance immune function, support testosterone levels, and a variety of other biological processes.2
Given the increasing trend towards diets that lack vegetables, nuts/legumes, and other zinc-rich foods, deficiency of this key mineral is on the rise. Not consuming sufficient zinc can lead to debilitating health ramifications over time, including muscular weakness and impairment in motor function, osteoporosis, low testosterone, erectile dysfunction, GI/digestive complications, and neurodegenerative diseases.3
As such, supplementing with Pure Nutrition Zinc is highly prudent if you suspect you’re not consuming an adequate amount of zinc through your diet.
Zinc is mostly involved with gut and endocrine function, which consequently makes it important for immunity as well. Zinc is well-documented in scientific research to support both the integrity and selective permeability of the intestinal wall.4 Therefore, zinc aids the detoxification process while blocking noxious chemicals from passing into the bloodstream.
Furthermore, a generous amount of research has also shown that zinc supplementation promotes healthy testosterone levels and sperm counts/fertility in adult males.5
As such, supplementing with Pure Nutrition Zinc may help:
- Promote healthy immune function
- Support healthy testosterone levels and fertility (sperm count) in males
- Encourage healthy detoxification processes
- Reduce muscular fatigue
- Support enzymatic reactions
Quality Advantages of Pure Nutrition Zinc
This product is made in a cGMP-certified facility in the United States using highly bioavailable form zinc picolinate, which is zinc bonded to picolinic acid. This form is better absorbed and easy on the stomach compared to other forms of zinc.
- Hopkins, R. (2014). Zinc supplementation: Identifying superior forms and essential cofactors. Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society, 20(1), 73.
- Maathuis, F. J. (2009). Physiological functions of mineral macronutrients. Current opinion in plant biology, 12(3), 250-258.
- Livingstone, C. (2015). Zinc: physiology, deficiency, and parenteral nutrition. Nutrition in Clinical Practice, 30(3), 371-382.
- Roy, S. K., Behrens, R. H., Haider, R., Akramuzzaman, S. M., Mahalanabis, D., Wahed, M. A., & Tomkins, A. M. (1992). Impact of zinc supplementation on intestinal permeability in Bangladeshi children with acute diarrhoea and persistent diarrhoea syndrome. Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition, 15(3), 289-296.
- Kothari, R. P., & Chaudhari, A. R. (2016). Zinc levels in seminal fluid in infertile males and its relation with serum free testosterone. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR, 10(5), CC05.